August 17, 2012 by Kelly Hazen Klug
If time is money and people are our most important asset, why are so many meetings a waste of time?
One recent study reported 25 to 50% of the time people spend in meetings is wasted. In another report, 45% of managers indicated they thought workers would be more productive if meetings were banned one day a week.
We all know some meetings are necessary, but which ones? How can you make sure your meeting isn’t just a big time vacuum? Find out during Practical Knowledge’s “How to Run an Effective Meeting” workshop.
We’ll help you answer these questions:
– What simple questions can you ask to determine if a meeting is truly necessary?
– Who should be invited to a meeting and who should not?
– Which three people can help your meeting run smoothly?
– What feature can you add to an agenda to help it be taken seriously?
– How can you end a meeting knowing action will be taken?
Who Should Attend?
Business owners who meet with clients. Non-profits who work with committees and volunteers. Managers with teams of employees. Anyone who doesn’t want to sit through another pointless meeting!
Help us put an end to time-wasting meetings! Join us on Thursday, August 23 (9:00-10:15am) to learn how! All for just $15.
Even better: Stay for a session on Adding Google Calendar to Your Biz Toolkit (10:30-11:45 am). You can attend both sessions for just $25.